The Data we collect depends on how our Services are used. Sometimes we receive Data directly, such as when an account is created, forms are submitted through our website, or we receive an email. Other times, we get Data by recording interactions with our Services by, for example, using technologies like cookies and web beacons. We also get Data from third parties, like our bank for an invoice or identity verification services.
The collection and use of data from a variety of sources is essential to our ability to provide our Services – and to help keep the Services safe. Data is critical in helping us to reduce the risk of fraud and other harmful activity.
1. Personal Data. We call Data that identifies, or that could reasonably be used to identify, You as an individual as “Personal Data”. We collect Personal Data in different ways. For example, we collect Personal Data when a person create an account on one of our Services, a person responds to SCDMI emails or surveys. We also receive Personal Data from other sources, such as our partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources. Personal Data does not include Data that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person. The Personal Data that we may collect includes:
2. Other Data. We call Data other than Personal Data “Other Data”. We collect Other Data through a variety of sources. One of our sources for Other Data is cookies and other technologies that record Data about the use of our websites and the use of our Services generally. Other Data that we may collect include:
1. Personal Data. We and our service providers use Personal Data to: (a) provide the Services; (b) detect and prevent fraud; (c) ensuring User and SCDMI safety; and (d) promote, analyze and improve our products, systems, and tools. Examples of how we may use Personal Data include:
SCDMI does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share Your Personal Data with trusted third parties, including:
1. To SCDMI Service Providers. We share Data with service providers who help us provide the Services. Service providers help us with things like website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing;
2. To Our Users. We share Data with Users (such as the person in charge of the project in which you participate with our Services.) as necessary to provide the Services;
3. To Authorized Third Parties. We share data with parties directly authorized by a User to receive Data, such as when a User authorizes a third party application provider to access the User’s account of our Services;
4. Safety, Legal Purposes and Law Enforcement. We use and disclose Data as we believe necessary: (a) under applicable law; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, You or others; and (d) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside Your country of residence.
We take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of Your Personal Data:
1. Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If You no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, You may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails or contact us with form at the end of this page.
2. How You can access or change Your Personal Data. If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us, You may do so by signing in to account of our Services or by contacting us with the form at the end of this page.
159, Avenue des sept Bonniers
1190 - Brussels
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive Data (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, health, credit card or the like) in your emails to us.